NEW OLD MODELS FOUND
The tag says it all. It's all about older models which I have discovered only recently.
Heco Miniatures released between 1990 and 1991 a 1:43 scale Volvo PV544. The rtr model was made out of resin. Four different colors were available : black, burgundy red, midnight blue and beige. 375 models of each color were produced.
A French reseller is offering some Volvo PV544 scale models by Heco Miniatures which I have never seen before. The French company Heco Miniatures went out of business not so long ago. It seems that the above mentioned reseller was able to acquire all these models after everything was foreclosed.
This batch comprises the following pieces :
1. Complete mold to cast the resin body of the Volvo PV544.
2. This seems to be the prototype body : you still can see the sanded putty on it.
3. This is a near complete but unbuilt kit : only the glazing and the complete set of trim and door handles are missing. The steering wheel has been fixed to the already black painted dashboard.
4. This an non-complete kit : axles, rims, the whole interior, the glazing, the complete set of trim and door handles are missing.
5. This is an already painted but not entirely built model : this is the only one that comes with glazing.
6. This is an already painted but unbuilt kit which comes in an quite unusual blue over black paint scheme. This version has never been offered for sale.
7. This is an already painted but unbuilt kit which comes in an quite unusual blight grey over black paint scheme. This version has never been offered for sale.
8. This is a set of 8 interiors which comes fixed on a resin base.
All these items are still for sale on ebay at this moment. But the price tags are in my opinion much to high.
I only payed around 65 € for each of the two rtr models that I have in my private collection.
Here is the price list for the various kits and models :